Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

JANUARY CHALLENGE PART 4

 
I've been working hard to keep up with the challenge and trying to think of something different to draw for the subjects listed for the day. My sloe gin blog is one of the most popular so I thought I'd give the recipe.
 

 
Luckily I had taken a photo in advance as on the 18th the sky was very grey.  I'm really pleased how this turned out on the purple paper.

 
The scariest thing was the self portrait, the first time I've ever tackled such a thing. I used a grey pen that looks like pencil and there is no rubbing out, every line is as I drew it.  I find that pencil drawing encourages errors as one has the opportunity to correct whereas the redrawn pen lines give life to the sketch.

 
I had to eat this cake as soon as I finished, it was delicious!

 
Today the subject was tools and a collection of drawing and bookbinding tools appeared one by one until the page was full!

No comments:

Post a Comment