Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2016

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY KIRSTY

 
Today, May the 3rd, is my eldest granddaughter's 21st birthday and I have decided to share with you some of the portraits I've made of her over the years.  This is the latest from a recent photo taken at her university classics ball.

 
I will always remember the day she was born, the tension as we waited for the news and Justine worked hard to give birth to a 10 pound baby! 
This picture is from a cute photo when she was 6 and had made herself a grass necklace.

 
 Aged 11 and she's already wearing glasses like the rest of the family.  She is very good at art and I've got a file of her drawings done when she and her sister Stephanie came to stay with us.
 

Kirsty loves music and she became a good flute player by the time she was 12.

 
Aged 13 and now at a private grammar school where she was moved to prevent the bullying she had been receiving at the state school because of her red hair.

At 14 she's very confident now and proud of the wonderful auburn hair she inherited from her father's side of the family.

At 16 she's doing very well at school and passes all her exams with flying colours.

 
At 19 here, Kirsty is studying French, Latin and Greek at Exeter university, I think she's inherited the language skills from my mother who lived and worked in Sweden and Poland and picked up the languages very easily.
It's been nice to travel down memory lane with my first granddaughter, I hope you've enjoyed seeing my portraits too!
Happy birthday Kirsty! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment