Pages

Sunday 27 November 2016

MORE FROM SKETCHBOOK 38

 
Sketchbook 38 is still in progress since Inktober just not as frequently.  This sketch shows a handful of vegetables from my shopping one day.

 
I've seen these colourful fruit in the shops but never tried one so when I finally tasted it I was amazed at the delicious flavour.

 
Bob has a passion for single malt whisky and we treat ourselves occasionally to a small glass when the weather is depressing.
 I bought a parallel pen recently and I've been practising gothic script and drawing with it and although the ink runs when it's wetted, it has quite a nice effect.
 
This lovely mushroom was growing on the roadside so I picked one to bring home to draw.  I added the background later after catching a glimpse of the supermoon as it rose in the east on the 14th November.

A friend, Rose Jones, is a wonderful photographer who regularly posts her pictures on Facebook.
She gave me permission to use her pictures and this one caught my imagination.  I drew it first in the triplus pens and scanned it.

Then I washed the colour with water to give the misty effect.
Which do you prefer?
 

 
My granddaughter Sarah loves to take selfies to post on Facebook but I think she had some help with this one taken when she was sleeping on the sofa with her favourite cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment