Pages

Sunday 18 February 2018

ART & CRAFT ON HOLIDAY

 
We chose to stay at an adults only hotel this year and were delighted to find that there were lots of activities available to entertain us during the day as well as the evenings.
On Monday morning there was a silk painting class run by an English lady, Sue Brown, who lives on the island.  This is my first attempt at something I've often thought of trying.

 
The view from our balcony was very inspiring and as I had taken a selection of threads and fabrics I decided to make a stitch picture to record what I saw.

 
Another morning we had the opportunity to try decoupage and here is the first glass dish I made using cut up napkins and acrylic paint as well as the usual crackle treatment.

 
The second week I made another one and I think it turned out better as I chose the background colours more carefully.  I'm not sure if I'll be doing much more of this technique, I much prefer stitching and painting!


 
On the second Monday I had another try at the silk painting and enjoyed it so much I'm considering giving it a go at home.  I used pieces of rock salt carefully placed to make those lovely sparkle effects, something the teacher had not tried before as previously she just sprinkled it on at random.
I met some lovely ladies during these classes and we are keeping in touch on the Facebook page set up by Sue to highlight the work of the classes each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment